Work Permit Regulations for Fruit Pickers in Finland

Posted by | 30th July 2013 | Employment Regulations, Finland Immigration, Scandinavia

Finland is a worker friendly country and annually is home to about 2,000 workers who come to Finland for seasonal work. However, there are strict work regulations in place so please read below:

A. EU members

Citizens of countries members of the European Union do not need a visa to work in Finland as long as employment is for up to three months. For periods exceeding this, applicants must register with the Finnish police.

B. Non EU members

People from non-EU member countries need a residence permit based on employment in order to work in Finland. You can apply for a work based residence permit after you have been offered employment.

You may be exempt from a work permit in Finland if you already hold a residence card issued by another Schengen country but this is only applicable for employment periods of no longer than three months.

You can apply for the residence permit yourself by filling in this form and attach the required documentation.

Form TEM054 must be filled in by the employer and attached to the application. Documents should then be sent to the Finnish Embassy or Consulate of the country you are currently residing in.

You can also submit your application online by following this link:

More information can be found on the Finnish Immigration website.

Paying tax in Finland

If your employer is a Finnish company, a 35% tax rate will apply and you must be registered at the tax office. If you haven’t already registered, head for the nearest tax office and make sure you bring your employment contract and passport with you.

Related Jobs in Finland

20911 total views, 4 today

Tags: , , , ,