Work Permit Regulations for Fruit Pickers in Denmark

Posted by | 30th July 2013 | Employment Regulations, Scandinavia

Citizens coming to Denmark even for a short period of time and take up employment are required to obtain a visa. However, Denmark has made a series of treaties with different countries and as a result, there are no general rules for determining which citizens require visas and work permits. There is an official list which must be consulted for specific requirements. The list can be found here.

How to apply for a visa

Detailed information about getting a visa is available on a case by case requirement. Specific and complete instructions can be found by visiting this website.

Work Permits

A. Nordic citizens

You are free to reside, study and work in Denmark. You do not need a residence permit.

B. EEA country member or Swiss citizens

You may reside and work in Denmark under the EU rules on free movement for up to three months. If you are working during your stay, you may do so for up to six months without having to apply for a residence permit.

C. Non-EU country nationals

You will need a residence permit in order to take up employment in Denmark. In addition, you may also be required to have a visa. Please consult this website for specific requirements for your case.

Paying Tax in Denmark

During your employment in Denmark, you must pay tax to the Danish government. In order to receive your wage, your employer must know the information on your tax card. You can apply for a tax card by filling in this form and send by post to your nearest tax office together with your CRP number. If you don’t have one, you can submit an ID photo and a birth or marriage certificate if you are married.

As a seasonal work, you will receive a special tax rate which will be only between 10 and 14% for the first 3 months of your stay. After this period, a different tax rate might apply.

Related Jobs in Finland

18378 total views, 1 today

Tags: , , , ,