Prior to moving in Finland

Posted by | 3rd September 2012 | Career Advice, Finland Immigration, Moving to Finland, Work in Finland

It is a good idea to start looking for a job in Finland before you actually arrive in the country, for example, by checking out the basic information available on the Internet. The website of the Employment and Economic Development Office (the Office) provides information about jobs, the Office services, the permits required and the various employment opportunities available.

Eures – the European Job Mobility Portal maintained by the European Commission – offers compiled information about job vacancies, living and working conditions and the regional labour markets in Finland and the other eu/eea countries. The portal provides access to cv-Search, a forum providing jobseekers with the facility to post their cv on the site to advertise them- selves to employers. There are also Finnish employers registered.

Citizens of eu/eea countries can spend three months in Finland looking for work. If you are unemployed, you can claim unemployment benefits from your country of origin for this period. If this is the case, you will need a form U2 or E303, obtained prior to traveling to Finland from the authorities responsible for unemployment insurance in the country you are leaving. To be eligible for unemployment benefits, job seekers must register with an employment office (te Office) within seven days of being no longer available to the employment authorities of the country of origin.

Related Jobs in Finland

5523 total views, 6 today

Tags: ,