Full-Time Research Scientist in ICT for Health
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Form of employment:
Fixed term, Full Time
Finland – Tampere
Information and communications technologies
Friday, September 06, 2013 – Monday, October 07, 2013
Research Scientist (Marie Curie fellow) in the iCareNet network
We are looking for a Research Scientist to carry out research on the application of ICT technologies in the area of Health and Wellbeing.
You will be working in the ICT for Health research area at VTT in Tampere, Finland. Our research covers signal and image processing and data mining applied to address biomedical problems.
We carry out multi-disciplinary research, together with universities, hospitals and companies in the field.
The work is a full-time job as part of the iCareNet Marie-Curie network (www.icarenet.eu)
This iCareNet network of PhD candidates performs research on:
– context-aware systems to assist users in situations, in which the use of conventional computers and mobile devices is out of question.
– uniting efforts of an interdisciplinary network of leading European academic, medical, and industrial partners. Each fellow interacts with several partners in order to design, develop and evaluate novel technical solutions.
The exact subject of your specific research-subject can be defined in agreement, and would ideally be part of a larger PhD study plan that you have.
Requirements for your research subject are:
– involves *wearable* devices or sensors
– is in the healthcare or wellbeing application area
– uses the context of the user in one way or the other
Funding is available for 12 months during the iCareNet project duration, i.e. until 31 Dec 2014. The idea is that this position forms part of your PhD work, that can be continued after 2014 to reach the PhD degree.
We are thus looking for PhD candidates, who have a background in computer science, biomedical and electrical engineering, or in Social Sciences and Human Engineering, with a strong inclination to research in healthcare and related fields.
Additional requirements for eligibility:
– you may not have resided or carried out your main activity in Finland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior your appointment.
– you should have received your M.Sc. degree, and work towards a Ph.D.
1657 total views, 1 today