Full-Time Help Desk Officer/ECHA, Hki
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
HELPDESK OFFICER – IT SUPPORT (M/F) 1.THE JOB The Helpdesk Officer will work mainly in the Directorate of Cooperation of the Agency in the Helpdesk Unit providing high quality customer support on ECHA scientific IT tools (e.g. REACH-IT, IUCLID 5, Chesar, R4BP) by replying to incoming questions from industry. The Helpdesk Officer is responsible for logging incoming questions, performing the first analysis and troubleshooting of incidents.
S/he provides solutions and advice to users either in writing or on the phone. If necessary, incidents are escalated to the 2nd line. The jobholder will be a customer oriented person who contributes to the good functioning of the ECHA scientific Helpdesk, ensuring high quality of responses provided in terms of content and timeliness.
The Helpdesk Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
“Encode incoming questions at the ECHA Helpdesk and assign them to the relevant 1st line support using Remedy or any similar incident management tool;
- Provide replies to standard questions either in writing or on the phone;
- Resolve incidents as 1st line support;
- Provide training on ECHA scientific IT tools and, if required, develop the training material for training events to ECHA’s stakeholders.
- Contribute to the further development and improvement of the ECHA Helpdesk service enabling an appropriate management of the increasing knowledge base;
- Setup and maintenance of different IT environments (including Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and Oracle and PostgreSQL databases) for the purpose of testing, reproducing errors, detecting bugs, etc., while contributing to the development of the IT tools and the user acceptance testing;
- Perform other duties as required.
a)Successfully completed post-secondary level education attested by a diploma. or
b)Successfully completed secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and total professional experience of at least three (3) years. Only qualifications issued by EU Member State authorities or EEA authorities and qualifications recognized as equivalent by the relevant EU or EEA Member State authorities will be accepted.
You must have a minimum of one (1) year of professional experience attained after the fulfilment of the requirements in the section 2.2 a) and b) in any field related to customer service, customer support or similar.
If you meet the eligibility criteria set out in section 2, you will be assessed on the basis of the following selection criteria.
The candidates who are judged to be the most suitable on the basis of the selection criteria will be invited to an interview.
- Your academic and professional qualifications and their relevance to the main areas of work listed in section 1;
- Preference will be given to any qualifications obtained in the following fields: “Information Technology; “Telecommunications; “Mathematics; “Physics. “Your professional experience: the range of fields covered;
- the type and level of work done and its relevance to the areas of work listed in section 1.
The following will be considered as assets:
Professional experience working in an international or multicultural environment;
- Professional experience in customer service;
- Professional experience using English as the main working language;
- Familiarity with Business Objects or similar reporting tools;
- Familiarity with Java and HTML. The academic and professional qualifications, professional experience and knowledge and experience considered as an asset must be described in the ECHA CV.
1137 total views, 1 today