Full-Time Database Specialists (FG IV)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Safety is our Mission The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is a European Union agency responsible for aviation safety in Europe. EASA promotes the highest common standards in safety and environmental protection in civil aviation in Europe and worldwide. Based in Cologne, Germany, the agency employs more than 700 highly specialised professionals from across the continent. As a Database Specialist in Database Development or as a Database Specialist in Database Administration, you will be in charge of developing or administrating EASA’s databases such as the aviation (safety) databases. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that EASA’s high-integrity databases are reliable for carrying out safety analysis;
- Ensuring that data can be collected, stored, protected and disseminated according to the Agency’s needs;
- Defining, developing and maintaining the technical infrastructure of databases as well as implementing new database products;
- Administrating and developing databases for mandatory and voluntary reporting by aircraft operators; and
- Planning, testing, evaluating and installing components of databases, updates and the like.
Your profile: High-flyers of Europe EASA recruits the brightest talents from all over Europe to ensure the highest safety and environmental standards in aviation. You should have:
- A university degree or professional training in IT or other relevant area;
- Proven work experience of at least one year in a similar position;
- Proven experience in database modelling, design and implementation;
- Proven experience in developing, deploying and maintaining relevant software tools;
- A good command of MSSQL, My SQL, Oracle, experience with SQL Servers and PL/SQL and Transact-SQL scripting;
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and a thorough understanding of a second official EU language.
It will be advantageous if you have experience in working in international teams, inproject management and a very good command of MS Excel. You must be a national ofan EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.
839 total views, 1 today