Full-Time Software Engineer (Expert)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Software Engineer (Expert) (1,0 FTE), Drunen Wärtsilä Technical Services Propulsion (CBM Centre Propulsion team) location Drunen is looking for a Software Engineer (Expert) (1 FTE)
Position description: the Software Engineer (Expert) supports the systems used for gathering, processing and analyzing data. More information about the department: The CBM Centre Propulsion provides CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) services that enhance aim to improve efficiency, reliability, availability and optimizing maintenance logistics, while continuously improving our CBM services to benefit Wärtsilä’s customers. The CBM Centre Propulsion provides such services for Wärtsilä’s global propulsion equipment portfolio comprising of Steerable- and Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Reduction Gears, Electric Pods and Water Jets.
In order to achieve this, the CBM Centre Propulsion has three areas of focus:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality data analysis on-time and by providing support with world class competences in CBM and propulsion equipment maintenance.
- Continuously improve and develop the CBM products and services in co-operation with other Wärtsilä stakeholders to acquire and maintain technological and market leadership.
- Proactively provide technical support to Wärtsilä’s sales (support) organizations to improve the success rate of the offering process. CBM data analysis is the main operation in the CBM Centre. It consists mainly of vibration analysis for rotating equipment, oil analysis, control system- and hydraulic- performance analysis and analysis of specific maneuvers. Data analysis is supported by an automated analysis / decision support system.
- The decision support system assists in identifying potential failures allowing the data analyst to focus on handling such issues in close contact with the customers.
Responsibilities: as a Software Engineer (Expert) you will:
- Participate in cross-portfolio CBM integration projects.
- Participate in new CBM developments.
- Specify requirements for further development of the PCMS platform and partake in the planning of PCMS platform development activities.
- Partake in the continuous improvement of CBM systems, tools and processes to improve system reliability and the effectiveness and efficiency of the data analysis process.
- Closely cooperate with data analysts and system development experts.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to acquisition hardware and software (C# and MATLAB), sensors, third party communication interfaces (MODBUS, NMEA), industrial Ethernet networks, and remote connectivity.
- Standardize procedures for troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Support the data analysis process where necessary. Initially you will be trained in CBM data analysis as a thorough understanding of the data analysis process is crucial to identifying opportunities for improvement. There is potential for growth by assuming a partly coordinating role in the tasks described.
- Bachelor+ / Master / PhD degree in software engineering or equivalent, alternatively a technical degree such as mechanical or electrical engineering with several years experience in technical programming is also sufficient.
- Experience in programming, preferably with MATLAB and C# (SQL knowledge is an advantage)
- Experience with designing and / or troubleshooting measurement- or control systems
- Fluent in English (and Dutch), both orally and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Technical reporting skills
- Proactive attitude and ability to learn
950 total views, 2 today