Temporary ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ERCIM, the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics, offers fellowships for PhD holders from all over the world. Topics cover most disciplines in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Applied Mathematics.
ERCIM aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and to increase cooperation with European industry. The ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme is supported by the Marie Curie.
Leading European research institutes are members of ERCIM. VTT is one of those institutes. VTT can recruit for example young people with PhD degree from Informatics and Mathematics and who has been granted the ERCIM funding for the period of 12 months.
ERCIM fellow covers all his/her living and housing costs of the host country with her/his ERCIM funding.
Internationalization plays a key role in VTT’s strategy, so international work experience is highly valued and employee mobility actively encouraged.
Moreover, VTT offer’s an excellent environment for post-graduate studies, illustrated by the fact that every fourth VTT employee has completed a post-graduate degree.
Who can apply?
The Fellowships are available for PhD holders from all over the world.
What is the duration?
Fellowships are generally of 24 months duration, spent in two of the ERCIM institutes.
A fellowship of 12 months duration spent in one institute might be offered.
How to apply?
Only online applications are accepted.
Deadline for next round of applications: 30 April 2014.
What are the conditions?
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record
- be fluent in English
- be discharged or get deferment from military service
- have completed the PhD before starting the grant (a proof will be requested)
- start before next round (April or September of the application year) for fellowships with a 24-month duration.
The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes’ scientific fields of competence.
Why to apply for an ERCIM Fellowship?
The Fellowship Programme enables bright young scientists from all over the world to work on a challenging problem as fellows of leading European research centers. In addition, an ERCIM fellowship helps widen and intensify the network of personal relations and understanding among scientists. The programme offers the opportunity to ERCIM fellows:
- to work with internationally recognized experts
- to improve their knowledge about European research structures and networks
- to become familiarized with working conditions in leading European research centres
- to promote cross-fertilization and cooperation, through the fellowships, between research groups working in similar areas in different laboratories.
823 total views, 3 today