Full-Time Engine Auxiliary Systems Expert
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for an Engine Auxiliary Systems Expert to Wärtsilä Services in Vaasa, Finland. We offer you interesting tasks in a multicultural environment where you will gain deep knowledge of four stroke engines including their applications in both power plants and marine installations.
As an Engine Auxiliary Expert you will be responsible for troubleshooting engine auxiliary systems (cooling-, fuel-, lubrication-, heat recovery system etc.)
The responsibility area includes both on engine built components (filters, pumps etc.) as well as components in the external system.
Other responsibilities are:
- Collect, analyse and compare performance feedback of the systems for all engine types and auxiliary equipment supported by the company.
- Actively support colleagues within the local and global Technical Service department and Services organisation in general, as well as assist Wärtsilä Power Tech (engine R&D), Ship Power and Power Plants divisions in development issues by utilizing collected field experience complemented with your own expertise.
- Participate in field testing activities and failure analysis process.
- Support Wärtsilä’s own organizations in their contacts with vendors.
- MSc or BSc in Mechanical
- Process Engineering or an equivalent education
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Willingness to travel, i.e. installation and follow-up of equipment for field testing or on-site troubleshooting (estimated 30-60 days per year)
- Experience of auxiliary systems for engine or process applications
- Earlier experience of problem solving is seen as an advantage
We expect you to be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and have a proactive way of thinking, as well as fast innovation skills.
701 total views, 1 today