Full-Time Editor Chief
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Sandviks is a publisher with main focus on children’s book clubs and information to parents that are expecting children and parents with small children.
We run both vau.fi, which shall be the most informative and most engaging internet page for pregnant and parents, and vaukirja.fi, which shall be the best place to find the right book for any child at any time. We provide communities for enriching young minds through expert-based guidance and developmentally appropriate books. We encourage parents to read to their children every day. Since 1965, we have combined passion for parenting, developmental expertise, and publishing know-how, providing parents with “The Right Books at the Right Time.” Sandviks are present in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Germany and USA.
We count about 60 employees. Our annual revenue is about 250 million NOK.
EDITOR CHIEF FOR VAUKIRJA Sandviks seeks to employ a Finnish Editor in Chief for our children’s book club Vaukirja.
The right candidate will be responsible for all our children’s book publications in the Finnish market, and for our communication material in Finnish.
The whole publication process; evaluating, translating, adapting and typesetting the books
- To be an active member of Nordic Vaubook team
- To translate and publish reviews and contribute to market communication
- Be responsible of activity in social medias
- Enthusiastic about children’s books with relevant experience from book publishing
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills in Finnish
- Knowledge about social media tools
- Relevant higher education
- Good communication skills and fluency in English as a working language
- Independent, active and solution oriented way of work
- Caring, trustworthy and exploring mind
Preferred work location is Jyväskylä. Vaukirja,
839 total views, 1 today