Full-Time Customer Solutions Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Customer Solutions Engineer (1,0 FTE):
Drunen Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers.
In 2012, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.7 billion with approximately 18,900 employees. The company has operations in nearly 170 locations in 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki, Finland.
Wärtsilä Netherlands B.V. has an extensive network of knowledge centres, sales offices, production facilities and specialised maintenance workshops at its disposal and plays a key role in the globally operative Wärtsilä Corporation.
In the Netherlands, Wärtsilä employs over 1.000 people, spread across seven locations. Position description The Project Centre is part of the Services division and is responsible for management of projects.
These are projects concerning the engineering, assembly, supply, installation and commissioning of diesel engines, ship propulsion systems and/or ship automation systems, as well as projects for modification, maintenance or repair of these systems. For this department, we require a: Customer Solutions Engineer (1,0 FTE)
You are responsible for the mechanical design of propulsors based on customer specifications, within lead time and cost estimation. The product portfolio mainly consists of Steerable Thrusters, Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Fixed Pitch Propellers and Water Jets.
Mechanical engineering can be conducted for modifications, conversions, repairs, maintenance, studies or consultancy on both Wartsila and other OEM equipment. The working environment is very internationally orientated. Engineering departments, production locations, Wärtsilä offices and suppliers can be found all over the world.
Many different nationalities, languages and cultures are involved.
- Designing customer solutions.
- Providing technical customer documentation, commissioning documentation, protocol for factory acceptance test (FAT), etc.
- Performing Finit Element Calculations required to evaluate strength, natural frequencies and fatigue analysis of propeller hubs, propeller blades and nozzles.
- Performing lateral whirling and alignment calculations.
- Arrange classification approval of the design. Support other departments; for instance Project Management, Purchasing, Workshop, Sales Support, Technical Support and Field Service.
- Inform Project Management on progress of projects and any potential design problems.
- Contribute to improvement of design methodologies, processes, products and in some cases perform R&D tasks.
Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering. Affinity with or knowledge of Ship Building and/or Propulsion is preferred. Experience with the MS Office, Siemens NX and Ansys Knowledge and experience of hydraulic systems is an advantage.
Good communication skills and sense for business Responsible, flexible, proactive, stress resistant and planning skills. Willingness to travel and to work in a service minded environment.
Fluent English, spoken and written.
1235 total views, 1 today