Full-Time Category Manager Engine Blocks & Cylinder Heads
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lead cross-functional & cross-business line sourcing category team and conduct strategic sourcing process, manage and develop supplier relationships, including:
- Develop and manage sourcing strategy
- Select implementation path of ditto.
- Develop and manage action plans to meet yearly and long term targets and implementing strategy
- Decide on sourcing foot-print and select suppliers
- Secure capacity
- Take the lead when division experiences poor performance from key suppliers
- Integrate suppliers early in our processes in corporation with R&D – Continuously benchmark supply market
- Develop suppliers within the category
- Negotiate contracts and prices
- Achieve Quality, Delivery Reliability, Cost Development and Lead Time improvement as per agreed targets.
The position is located in Trieste, Vaasa, Winterthur or Wallwijk
- Long and short term strategy planning and implementation
- Sourcing foot-print and selection of right suppliers
- Continuous benchmark of external supply market
- Contract coverage, compliance and prices of external suppliers within the category
- Leader of a team consisting out of cross-functional experts Analyzing the future demand and strategy trends in a close collaboration with both the Businesses and Suppliers.
- Proven experiences in people management
- Several years experience in global sourcing / category management
- Able to be a speaking partner and work with senior management levels (internally and externally)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications, team working and collaboration skills
- Solid skills both in written and oral business English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under stress
- Self confident and enterprising (a doer)
- Willingness to travel
- University degree
- Several years proven sourcing experience
955 total views, 1 today